The experiments continue

The experiments with the paler appliquéd details also have both good
and bad qualities though different to the black, I like the subtlety of
the detail but it is hard to convey it in photographs.

I like the fact that you have to look a little closer at a garment
sometimes and everytime you look at it, you see something different,
some thing that catches the light in a new way, garments like that
never get boring or dull. I didn't do as much work in this test, I
just wanted to see the effect of the paler colour scheme.

Whilst doing that I remembered a gold chiffon that I had and stumbled
upon a gorgeous gold/olive taffeta that went so well, another design
for the future there! I
don't have much of the fabrics left so I didn't want to experiment with
them too much but did take some tiny snips for my design journal to
keep the colour scheme in my mind. I would need a design the was much
more elegant and classic for those fabrics, I jotted down a quick
sketch of something that sprang to mind. It was supposed to be a quick reminder of a delicate lacy rose/flower embroidered over an appliquéd
background but it did infact inspire me again, I tend to find floral fabrics really appealing and find myself buying all sorts of different styles, colours and weaves.
one of the latest ones that I purchased I had originally intended to be a lining fabric but its just so gorgeously kitsch I felt it was wasted being hidden away on the inside. I have cut a corset out of this fabric that I have to make soon but combining all the ideas I've just
had has taken over so I tried some experiments with appliquéing the
roses and flowers on to an ivory brocade background.




I was really taken with the pink rose appliqué so dove straight in to making a corset with that concept.

I chose a very simple corset pattern that I adapted from an original
victorian pattern some years ago that I most commonly use for bridal
corsets and evening wear. Whilst still being designed for a four inch
waist reduction and perfectly suitable for tightlacing, it is very easy
to wear and doesn't need to be heavily boned to create a stunning
hourglass shape, not an intimidating corset in any way, classic and
elegant and most importantly, closed fronted giving a fabulous platform
for creating images and art work!

I have nearly finished that corset, it needs it's bones and eyelets
then its done and I can photograph it. Then I can't decide whether to
do the blue flower appliqué or the ivory and black? Knowing me I will
have spotted something equally exciting and gone off on a tangent again
by then!!


Bound By Obsession corsets

0 comments:

Post a Comment

website

Join me on my new facebook page

There was an error in this gadget

Drop me a line at:

hello@boundbyobsession.co.uk

The Best Victorian Jewellery

The Best Victorian Jewellery
Flighty Victorian Diamond Swallow Pin

More blogs

There was an error in this gadget

Followers